Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker (Mrs.) Carn-Dog's comments: an apology and misc.

Saturday, April 15, 2006

an apology and misc.

Sorry I haven't wrote much lately, but as we approach finals that should came as not surprise.

Anyhow, couple of interesting things in my life.

Today we went with the Sheltons to both the World Hunger Farm and Homestead Heritage place. the farm was interesting. I think it might go well with the ethos or genre i'm trying to create for myself. Kind of an earthy environmental thing. I wanted to buy one of thier bags, but they were $12 and to tell you the truth I have no idea what I would use it for. I thought it would be great if they gave me a job being the bike fixer uper guy. I guess they take bike donations and fix them up for missionaries.

Anyhow, while we were there I started chit-chatting with the lady behind the counter in the little culture store. We were chatting for a bit when I asked her what the most annoying thing about Americans was. (She's from Papa New guinea). She replied that it was when they asked her too many questions. I don't know if that was directed at me or not, but I felt like a tool. I think she picked up on it though, because she said it was still o.k. if I asked her questions three different times.

Then we headed to the Heritage place. I had a brisket sandwich for lunch and linds had some...well I'm not sure. Anyhow eventually we made our way over to blacksmith guy. He was incredible. I was thinking as I was watching..."this is great I will write about some metaphor about God putting me on the anvil and how this was made poignant watching it first hand." But i'm not going to. Just imagine that I did.

Well I've been writing a paper on Psalm 8 this week. It's about 20 pages so far, hence I haven't written much lately on my blog. Anyhow I originally picked it because I thought I could make the latter verses all ecological in flavor. It turns out I can only do that if I don't care to be faithful to the text. I think I might throw the ecology stuff in the application for today section.

Our house search continues. We got a pretty good prospect, but I'm going to keep quite about it because every time I get excited it turns sour. I'll give you one hint though. It's fairly close to UBC, so that is exciting.

tomorrow marks the biggest day of the Christian year. the resurrection. This is what everything hangs around. I remember talking with my buddy Fillingham last year. He commented that if he most of the New Testament miracles weren't true he be o.k. as long as the resurrection was. I concur, though I believe they all are.

well that's all for today.

till butter flies,
Carney

2 comments:

Singleton said...

What a beautiful metaphor! I love when you detailed the atmosphere of the forge, the clank of the metal on metal, the happy hymn to St. Clem by the Blacksmith! I was there, I was really and truly there, transported to a better place with a burley, joyous, bearded God and lots of hot metal!

Loved this post. Your world is a very interesting world to me.

Mrs. Carn-Dog said...

Well the site seems like it may be helpful. To tell you the truth, from what I understand Truett does not have the reputation of putting out the most awesome greek scholars. I don't think it's because of ineptitude of the professors, but rather not as critical to the mission and thus curriculum of the school. I suppose you get what you put into it.

I actually think the work is a bit admirable, but not the sort of thing I would want to do.