Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker (Mrs.) Carn-Dog's comments: Dear Roy

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Dear Roy



This is why we love the sports teams we do.

We really only care about three teams. And to tell you the truth I’m kind of shaky on one of them lately.

First and most important we are St. Louis Cardinals fans. We love the fact that they just won a world series and are Pujols, Eckstein, Edmunds, and Rolen fans, but they are all on trial. If they spend the majority of their careers in St. Louis then they official make it into the Carn-Dog sports hall of fame. The real Cardinal we love is Ozzie Smith. 13 gold gloves later, you got to love any guy who can do back flips out onto the field. I’m not real sure why being a Cardinal fan took, but Grandma and Grandpa were born there and my Grandpa was real into them. I remember when I was little and we used to go and visit them, my Grandpa would take us to the local sports shops and buy us grandkids Cardinal sports gear. I can’t remember not loving them.


Second we are Packer fans. Wisconsin can be a bit fanatic. In fact last time I checked the official state religion is Favre-inism. Lambeau Field is a sacred place, and Green Bay fans are like none other. Hopefully we will get there some day. I probably owe a bit of my love for the Packers to my best friend Tom who you will probably learn to effectually call Uncle Tom. I wasn’t real into football growing up, but Tom kept me in front of the T.V. on Sunday afternoons when I was little and eventually I learned to love them.

Lastly, we are Duke Blue Devil basketball fans. As of late I have wavered a little. I love Coach K., but don’t care for the players of the recent Blue Devils like I did when they had the Bob Hurleys and the Christian Laettners. I gained my love for the Blue Devils back in 1991-2 and when they won back to back national championships. To be honest, it was probably more with wanting to be like my big brother than my own personal love for the team, that initially drew me to them. Now he doesn’t really care for them and I still do. I didn’t pick them to do well this year, probably because I find myself gravitating towards Wisconsin sports lately.

Will talk more about this when you get older.

Love dad

4 comments:

Erik said...

I must say, I'm a bit disappointed there is no mention of Bucky in this list. This may make it tough when Soren and Roy are picking schools where they want to go and excel as two sport athletes. With Soren obviously leaning towards Mad-town, I'm a bit nervous we may have to do a little recruiting of one Roy Clemens Carney to wear Badger Red. Look at it this way: by the time our guys are ready to play college sports, Coach K will be long gone, so what really is there drawing them to Durham? Further, Duke football sucks, and since they will be the first dominant backfield/court in the history of NCAA sports, they will need to play for a winner in both sports. It seems to me UW fits the bill.

Holly said...

oh my goodness that last picture is wonderful! he looks soo happy!

(p.s. i now have a blogspot)

Robyn said...

Josh,
So glad to see the pics of Handsome Roy and to know that things are going well for you this week.

Shea Butta said...

watch out for that other red team in the nl central. go redlegs! here is to the wizard. remember at one of the allstar games when whoever was batting lost their grip on the bat and the bat went flying into the nl dugout? then as it is hurling furiously the wizard snags it in midair. that was impressive. you guys lack depth in pitching this year and edmonds needs to come back healthy. i think the brewers are an interesting team in that division. cubs spent many millions that won't take them anywhere this year...pitching? maybe them redlegs can pull out a wild card spot...haha...you know i live the dream. saw a lot of london and the surrounding areas. all the cathedrals are incredible. i'm off to dublin tomorrow for a few days and then to italy. i hope boy roy gets some sweet sleep and dreams baby dreams. miss you bub