Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker (Mrs.) Carn-Dog's comments: who's the funny guy?

Thursday, January 18, 2007

who's the funny guy?

Most of you who know Lindsay and me well probably think of me as the funny guy. And for the most part that is true, especially in our more public settings. However, once in a while Lindsay drops one-liners that kill me. Here is an example of the most recent. I was sharing with Lindsay one of my findings from seminary that went something like this.

J: “Want to hear something interesting?”

L: “Sure”

J: “I found out today that the noun used to describe Eve in Genesis chapter two (helper) is the same noun used to describe God’s relationship to Israel. So if someone wanted to use Genesis two to demonstrate man’s authority over woman, they’d have to essentially say that God was Israel’s B****.”

Perfect amount of pause…

L: “or that woman is more like God than man.”

I thought that was funny.

For my more conservative readers, both theologically and politically, namely my family, please excuse the explicit language. Here I think it help drives home a pertinent exegetical point.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny, I was thinking about this not too long ago... I guess you could be considered the "funny guy" in your relationship with Lindsay. But many times Lindsay makes you funnier. You are a good comedic tandem. Her laughing at you is kind of like the laugh track used in sitcoms-- once she starts, your funny quotient goes up a couple of notches.

Mrs. Carn-Dog said...

agreed

Erik said...

Josh,

Funny stuff. I had to chuckle, and if you could see me right now, in the midst of my own personal hell (I've written 75 pages in 3.5 days), you'd appreciate your ability to make people laugh even more.

Money Minding Mama said...

Josh,
I always kind of thought of myself as a liberal. Especially with my views of immigrants and borders.