Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker (Mrs.) Carn-Dog's comments: In a perfect World

Sunday, February 19, 2006

In a perfect World

Today has been dedicated to analyzing Barth's preaching method, commenting on Boethian vs. Manichean evil, and writing a paper on Helmut Thielicke, thus today’s blog is going to be my intellectual break and perhaps a bit of fun.

I've always thought a good dissertation idea would be the ethics and economy of the Eschaton. (The use of alliteration was not intentional) Well please don't take what follows that seriously, but there might be some secret hopes in what follows.

Monday- Using my time machine, Brett Favre and I would travel to the greatest athletic events in sports history and watch them live. At the end of the day I would come home and have unlimited Leinenkugel's creamy dark waiting for me, and Lindsay and I would watch Braveheart.

Tuesday- C.S. Lewis, J.R.R. Tolkein and I would go to the Eagle and Child pub and talk about our ideas for stories we were working on. Lewis and Tolkein would frequently comment to me, "oooh, that is better than everything I've ever thought of." I would come home and have an unlimited amount of Fat Tire waiting for me and Lindsay and I would watch the Lord of the Rings Trilogy.

Wednesday- Bono and I would go to Hollywood and make guest appearances on the major production company set's. We would be guess stars in great movies. We would then go home and of course drink an unlimited amount of Guinness. Lindsay and I would watch the Matrix trilogy.

Thursday- Greg Boyd and I would go fishing. I wouldn't matter what time of the year it was. We would go regular fishing, ice fishing, or fly-fishing. Then I would come home and have an unlimited supply of Shiner and Lindsay and I would watch Gladiator.

Friday- MLK Jr. and I would go to wherever Johnny Cash, U2, Coldplay, Simon and Garfunkel, David Crowder Band, and James were playing. That would always be the bands that played too. Then since it was the weekend we would all go to Cricket's and drink a variety of things. Lindsay and I would watch Narnia.

Saturday- all the people that were in my wedding and any other cool people that I wanted to bring, would visit some new place in the world we had never been. When we got there, there would always be a waterfall that was of course flowing with 1554. We'd all watch the Potter movies.

Sunday we'd all go to church and repent. God's grace would be the only thing flowing like a river on this day.

Some other key items
I'd have an endless wardrobe of Patagonia, Columbia, L.L. Bean and North Face
Every car would be a hybrid
I would own a couple of Gary Fisher mountain bikes
I could eat as much chocolate cake as I wanted and it wouldn’t affect my cholesterol
I would have unlimited spending ability at R.E.I., Uncommon Grounds, Crickets, Best Buy, and Rudy's
I would smoke a pipe and it wouldn't cause mouth cancer
The earth wouldn't be polluted.
Green Bay Wisconsin would be the nations capital
Beef stroganoff every night
I'd own a solar energy efficient house on Lake Tomahawk
I'd be a professor who only had to talk with students when I wanted to and we would only talk about what I was currently pondering
Poverty would stop....No one would be hungry ever again
War would stop
Cancer would be gone
Aids would be gone



Kyle would have preached that sermon

2 comments:

harris said...

yes, carney. i think he would have.

Meg said...

I would like to eavesdrop on that conversation with Tolkien and Lewis.