Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker (Mrs.) Carn-Dog's comments: long lost friends

Thursday, August 16, 2007

long lost friends

For my waco readers this post will have little relevance. I have recently stumbled upon some old friends via facebook. I like to introduce new people who earn themselves links on my blog.

I recently told one of them, Brian, that these two are responsible half of my theological education. The comment was a bit tongue and cheek, but is not altogether untrue. I had the privilege of living with Brian my junior year and Ben my senior year and both of them labored many times into the wee hours of the morning fielding questions from a theological novice, then marketing major. As far as my experience at Bethel is concerned, these two along with the links to erik and morrow, both on the side of my blog, are responsible in large part for my theological development.

I think the really neat thing about both Ben and Brian is that though they come from entirely different convictions than I do concerning the faith, we found much in common and in the process of long conversations and severe disagreement I found grace in their answers and demeanors. More than any theological argument they ever offered me, the way they lived their lives offered a compelling apologetic for their case for God as they understand him. This I have never forgotten.

I'm glad to introduce Ben and Brian.

4 comments:

blund said...

you're too sweet... ;)

congrats on grad diploma! Must be nice *envy*

Anonymous said...

Hey Carndog, sorry I forgot to tell you that I'm proud of you for graduating... I am. I promise.

Jenell Williams Paris said...

Congrats on graduating, and on fatherhood. I hope each bring you great joy.

Peace,
Jenell Williams Paris

Ben Dahlvang said...

Wow, thanks for the words. Our talks meant a lot to me as well as did those times you pushed me out of my shell and made me talk to strangers.