Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker (Mrs.) Carn-Dog's comments: Caught

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Caught


So this morning I was in my bedroom making the bed and I kept hearing this racket coming from the living room. I made my way out there and Roy tried to put his bottle on the table and with the other hand he quickly tried to put a Phillips screwdriver behind his back to hide it.

I asked him what he was doing with a screwdriver and he responded gleefully, "I'm going to shotgun this one dad!"

Kids these days.

3 comments:

Erik said...

Josh,

What do you think about Greg's concept of hell? I'm very ambivalent on it. Some days I think it works really well. Other days, I'm not so sure. If what it means to exist is to exist in relationship, then in what sense does something exist that is only in a relationship with itself? Do you see my hang up? I think Greg's trying to make sense of both strands of biblical material on hell, a very noble endeavor. I guess depending on my mood, it works sometimes and other times not. I'm curious as to your thoughts.

Mrs. Carn-Dog said...

I see your point, but isn't that precisely why this version of hell works. If something exists ontologically, it really exists. But as you pointed out if someone does not exist in relationship, that existence is compromised, but not ontologically.

In some sense then the beings are annihilated and in some sense they suffer the eternal reality of self-choseness.

This is why I think this successfully embraces both strands of thought.

This is one of the ones I'm going to the throne humbly on. At the end of the day, I have no idea how this really works.

Anonymous said...

Josh, This picture is so cute! I love hearing how he's doing!

Kathy Rumsey