Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker (Mrs.) Carn-Dog's comments: home

Friday, December 22, 2006

home

After a grueling 14 hours of travel, I’m home! I find myself in rather enchanting circumstances. I have access to good Wisconsin beer. There is a light dusting of white snow covering most of the ground. The temperature actually requires something other than summer attire, and Christmas music tickles my ears all day long. All the local lakes and rivers are either frozen or near frozen and so picturesque that anyone with a camera could put Thomas Kinkade to shame.

I picked up the local newspaper last night and took in all the insignificant news that would only make the paper in a town of 3,500. This morning I listened to the local radio station, which includes an hour for local residents to bargain their goods, which is brought to you by our local grocery store Nelson’s. I find comfort in the local accent of our states fine residents.

I think I’ll head to town today. I’ll probably run into 15 people I know at the grocery store alone, all wanting to know how
Lindsay and I are doing wishing us a happy holiday. Then I’ll make my way to my house, greet my parents and the neighbors and make a cup of hot coco as I sit on the mantel of the fire place while it warms my back. I look at things around my house from where I sit and they will invoke childhood memory after childhood memory. It will be glorious!

This is the Holy of Holies!
This is Tomahawk, WI!

2 comments:

Erik said...

Wish I were home too...soon I will also be taking in the milk and honey of the promised land.

Anonymous said...

glad you and lindsay made it home safely. let's set up a time to talk about ot and pelagius. i'll call you in the next few days to see when would be a good time. hope you are well, and it was good to see you and lindsay. peace