Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker (Mrs.) Carn-Dog's comments: Update on my dad

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Update on my dad

Hey all,

I'm not sure who of you that read this, know about my dad. Anyhow he has a form of plasma cancer. this week he has been at mayo clinic in Rochester, MN. he is undergoing a procedure whereby they harvest stem cells from his body, clean them and then he undergoes intense chemo. After this they re-insert the stem cells to regrow. Pretty amazing! The harvesting process requires a daily shot in the stomach that cost $3,000. Thus the message in the following e-mail is really good news. thanks to those of you who have been praying.

just a quick note. I'm pretty busy this week...so I might not be able to post again to till friday.

Greetings! I tried six times last eve and this morning to e-mail you all,
and each time the computer would lock up or shut down. I was beginning to
get a complex. Anyway, Ter harvested 4.92 million stem cells on Monday and
7.75 million today. So step one is complete in just two days. PRAISE THE
LORD! Now we are in a holding pattern as they can only do two transplants a
day, so they have to schedule us from here on. So, praise and thank God for
the quick collection. Pray we don't have to wait too long to get started on
chemo. Pray also for my health. I'm being bugged by a really sore throat
and don't want to have to leave, but can't be around Ter once he goes
through chemo if I'm sick. Kristin came down to visit today and brought her
usual bubbly joy in the door with her. Thank God for her husband who kept
the five little ones and allowed her to come. We do appreciate each and
every prayer. Will keep you posted. Bless the Lord who forgives all our
sins and heals all our diseases!
Expecting a miracle, Karen

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey bro,
Great to hear about to your dad!!!
Keep me posted w/all the details!
Let your family know we're lifting them up!!
k-kat

greenISgood said...

Each day your dad is in our prayers along with you and "the sweetest girl in town", Lindz.

Peace n' Love

harris said...

i had no idea, carney!