Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker (Mrs.) Carn-Dog's comments: Crash the National Dance

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Crash the National Dance



This has nothing to do with the quality of the films, but can I tell you I absolutely love the fact that the Academy selected Crash over Brokeback Mountain. Here’s why. Last year was the first time I watched the critic’s choice awards. I was really annoyed because Sideways kept winning. As far as I could tell, all this did was corroborate my theory that people on the inside, try to pick the most esoteric unpopular films so that they can seem high society. At the shows conclusion they selected their choice for the year’s best film, and they were sure to throw out this caveat, “and what we’ve chosen so has the academy for the last five years.” Well guess what? The academy choose Million Dollar Baby, suckers. So this year, the critics let their true colors shine through with this caveat before their announcement, “and the film we’ve chosen, the academy has chosen the last five out of six years.” Suckers got wrong again. I hope they do the same thing again next year and bolster the appearance of “wanna be.” I have no idea why I care so much about this type of thing or why I get so much satisfaction out of it, but I do.



On a different note, God continues to poor out His pre-exilic Divadic/Zionistic type of blessings on me. As it turns out Grande communications has added the National Geographic Channel to its line up. First, Tivo makes regular T.V. viewing available in surround sound, now this. I wonder what I have done to bring this kind of blessing upon my life. It must be all the time and money I give to the poor. It’s sweet to be chosen by Him. I might have watch out though. The ark of the covenant, a seemingly good thing, killed a guy who was trying to keep it from falling. In the same spirit, this blessing of the National Geographic Channel could end up cursing my G.P.A.




I really liked Gideon’s message of the full expression of God’s love this morning. I think it is one of the most under preached themes, which desperately needs to be heard today. Specifically I love how he compared the miracle working wondrous part of Jesus three-year ministry with His full expression of His love through the cross. He gave the contemporary example of caring for the paraplegic. I that thought was a good one. When so much of love is expressed as this enamoring, easy, effortless journey, we would do well to see movies like Nick Spark’s the Notebook. Sticking by the side of one who is now gone, retelling a story a hundred times for three minutes of occasional parachoresis. This is also why I like the endings of movies the Shall We Dance. After several months of working with the sexy Jennifer Lopez, Richard Gere makes this incredible choice to remain committed to his wife, Susan Sarandon. There is an expression of the fullness of love. Yes when everything else in our self screams no. Yes for the sake of the other.

13 comments:

greenISgood said...

Back at 'cha, WisconSon. Can you talk to God about PAYING my cable since you seem to gotta in w/ her? Peace.....

Craig said...

Robert called God "her." lol.

It's funny because it's blasphemous.

Anonymous said...

I really wish you weren't a homophobic BASTARD ASS CRACKER!!!!!!!! shit, ass, damn

Anonymous said...

Jesus loves you (but then again, he loves everybody).

Mrs. Carn-Dog said...

Well,

I'm not sure if one of my friends posted comment three, but let me make clear, I wasn't excited about Crash winning because I hate gay people. I merely wanted the critics to be wrong. That will mark the end of anyone can comment though. If your not gutsy enough to show your face then your can't post your rhetorical comments.

Mrs. Carn-Dog said...

Well,

I'm not sure if one of my friends posted comment three, but let me make clear, I wasn't excited about Crash winning because I hate gay people. I merely wanted the critics to be wrong. That will mark the end of anyone can comment though. If your not gutsy enough to show your face then your can't post your rhetorical comments.

greenISgood said...

Yeah, what Carney said Mr. "Anonymous"! Come outta the shadows and I'll kick YER ass right now, ya' big ole' sissy....

greenISgood said...

By the way, Carn, the Academy has long been wrong and way off kilter for a while. But I'd still like to get invited to Elton John's after party......

Mrs. Carn-Dog said...

should've known. You're lucky you know some one as holy as me to pray your ass out of purgatory.

greenISgood said...

Shuda known what? That wern't me for realz, no lie.....

greenISgood said...

just some flamer who's beehind I'm gonna kick the bejeezes outta when I find 'em......

Money Minding Mama said...

Josh,
It wasn't me. I don't think I've ever prhased together bastard, ass, and cracker in the same sentence before. Maybe I should start. Thanks for sending Isder over tonight. Love you.

Singleton said...

I know what everyone is thinking... Just because that line in all caps sounds like a rap lyric does not automatically project guilt upon Singleton...