Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker (Mrs.) Carn-Dog's comments: Tagged by Emily

Friday, January 11, 2008

Tagged by Emily

1. One book that changed your life. Changed my life is strong phrase…The book that most single handedly changed the way I think about theology and consequently life would have to be the Great Divorce by C.S. Lewis

2. One book you have read more than once. Simply Christian by N.T. Wright

3. One book you would want on a desert island. This one's easy. LOTR series by JRR Tolkien.

4. Two books that made you laugh. A Year of Living Biblically by A.J. Jacobs and Blankets by Craig Thompson

5. One book that made you cry. I hardly ever cry maybe six times in the last ten years, but the book I was most moved by was Jayber Crow by Wendell Berry

6. One book you wish you'd written. This is the easiest question on here. I wish I would have written the Harry Potter series. I’d be driving my Subaru Forester living in Castle Heights and have the most magically thinking mind in the world.

7. One book that you wish had never been written. Left Behind…has reinforced dispensational thinking more than any other book I know.

8. Two books you are currently reading. There is No me Without You by Melissa Faye Green and Giving by Bill Clinton

9. One book you've been meaning to read. Peace Like a River by LL Enger. Never heard a bad think about it.

10. Five people that I tag. Craig, Candace, Erik, April, and Hannah

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.godhatesamerica.com/

josh, this website makes me so confusesd... i just spent 30 mins on it.

Craig said...

Seriously, you need to make Peace Like a River the absolute next thing you read. It's definitely a Josh Carney type of book.

april. said...

i didnt enjoy peace like a river a bit. theres one bad thing. but craig has much better taste than i do, im sure. you can borrow my copy if youd like.

ill get on this asap...

Candace Shaw said...

ooh I'm tagged, okay I'll do it. In the mean time I have a question for you... I have been chosen to present on the Emergent Church to a class at the college where I'm working. Any suggestions for material or resources to use?

Mrs. Carn-Dog said...

april,

thanks, I've actually been have craigs copy...

Carlson said...

Josh,
How come you didn't tag me? Am I not "cool" enough to play these playground games of tag and books? Am I not the coolest sibling you could have ever asked for/been graced with?
-Noel