Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker (Mrs.) Carn-Dog's comments: The new hermeneutic

Thursday, January 10, 2008

The new hermeneutic

I write about this from time to time, but that is because I experience the point being reiterated over and over. Tonight Grey’s Anatomy aired a new episode. If you watched you know about the story of Miranda’s son Tuck.

It doesn’t take much. When he was first wheeled in on a stretcher crying, I looked over and saw Lindsay shedding a few tears. It’s hard to watch these things fictional or not. You don’t just see the show or the actor or the drama. You watch vicariously and feel something swell deep within you.

After the show was over, without coordinating it, we got up to do the same thing. We entered Roy’s room and just stared at him watching him sleep listening for the sound for which I find myself eternally grateful. Another healthy day of breathing.

If there was an instrument that could record something passionate, it would have caught my prayer of thankfulness for my son Roy. I didn’t say any words or even think any. I just stood there in the present moment thankful and amazed. These are some of the holiest moments of my life. These are the moments that shape the way I see the world.

No comments: