Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker (Mrs.) Carn-Dog's comments: music suggestion

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

music suggestion


Had every intention of watching a movie tonight, but never made the effort of picking one out. Thus I flipped through channels stopping in the MTV/VH1 section…a rarity. In fact, I told Lindsay I didn’t even know that we had those stations. Anyhow, being a sucker for lists and rankings I was quickly drawn into the greatest 100 90’s songs. Talk about a trip down nostalgia lane. It was great. U2’s “one” came in second, which surprised me. All I can think about when I think about the 90’s and music is all the flack I took for loving u2 in high school and middle school when/where it wasn’t cool to like u2 because there were way more awesome bands to like, like cypress hill and mxpx. all that to say I don’t do music much, but I checked out the Juno soundtrack on itunes and have to say that it is as fantastic as the movie is. Of course this from guy who likes four bands, but that is my plug for the evening.

if you want to check out some of the songs in full length you can hear them from the official movie website

3 comments:

Craig said...

At everyone's recommendation, I saw the movie today. I have to say, I wasn't that impressed until about the second half of the movie, and then it grew on me. By the end, I was a fan.

The Pereira Family said...

I'm so looking forward to seeing this movie! Glad you gave it a good review.

blund said...

What? Havalina Rail Co. didn't make the list? Its a cryin' shame...

I'm looking forward to seeing the movie as well.

Hope the Carney threesome are having a terrific and blessed 2008 so far.