Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker (Mrs.) Carn-Dog's comments: the night before, the night before Christmas

Sunday, December 23, 2007

the night before, the night before Christmas

There are many things I want to write about including my trip to the neighboring town, Rhinelander, where Lindsay and I counted 21 different people wearing Packer clothing during our quick trip in and out. But I write to you in the middle of a snowstorm, which is likely to deliver over a foot of snow when all is said and done. It is days like to today that really make me miss the North. In this picture Nate (Lindsay’s sister’s, Angela, boyfriend) and I bring up our catch, an 18 inch Walleye, from a good day of ice fishing. Today it took us 20 minutes to get to church because we had to battle the treacherous roads. I struggled to keep my hand from getting frost bite as I dipped my hand into a minnow bucket to bait our hook for the ice hole. And I love all of it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I figured I would find something like this on your blog when I looked out my window this morning. Look forward to seeing you friend.

Erik said...

Are you making it to the Cities at all before you return to Texas? Let me know (give me a call) and I'll try and make it up if you wanted to get together.

Anonymous said...

Josh, you're nuts! I don't miss snow one bit. Sure, it rains continually here from November through April, but you don't have to shovel rain.