Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker (Mrs.) Carn-Dog's comments: post game report

Friday, November 30, 2007

post game report

I’m with Collin Cowherd on this one. I think it is difficult to beat a competitive team twice in one year. So we will see the Cowboys in the playoffs hopefully.

I tempted to complain about the Al Harris interception that was stolen from us which led to us not having a third challenge to challenge the poor spot of the ball that led the Crosby field goal at the end of the game. And I’m tempted to complain about the my legs ran into yours pass interference call, but the Terrell Owens “let me give you the game sealing touchdown” interception makes up for all of that.

In the end the game seemed like one were the Packers were strangely close and really shouldn’t have been. They got outplayed in almost every element of the game, and Tony Romo really has emerged as the best thing to come out of Wisconsin in a long time.

Having said all that we need to talk about what is most important. Two words…Aaron Rogers. Holy Snikies!!! I was as pessimistic as anyone. The few glimpses I saw were like Joey Harrington on a bad day. And then last night happened. I suppose you feel guilty speculating about the career of Paul before Jesus had actually ascended, but let start whispering folks…The future looks a bit brighter in chilly Green Bay.

4 comments:

Erik said...

I am equally impressed and excited about Aaron Rogers. It was fun to see a more mobile quarterback (though it would have been more fun to see Brett orchestrate another fourth quarter victory), and I'm optimistic in a way I haven't been. I've been very much in denial that Brett would ever leave, mostly because I had no confidence in Aaron Rogers, but last night gave me hope.

Dallas is a good team, but the Packers proved last night they are no benefactor of a cupcake division. They can play. They essentially shut down one of the better running attacks in the NFL. I'm a bit concerned about our secondary, but if Woodson gets back and we get Atari "yes that's really my name and I know I suck" Bigby back on the sidelines where he belongs, we'll be okay, I think.

Mrs. Carn-Dog said...

I agree, that was the worst the secondary has looked all year.

Candace Shaw said...

Yay! I'm glad I'll get to see you at graduation. We need to get a good blog or email conversation going because I miss talking to you! Tell your beautiful wife and son hello for me!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Erik. Jack could have played better coverage than Bigby. He needs to go to the practice squad. Having said all that, why on earth did they abandon the short pass game during the first half? We'll see what happens. I'm starting to get worried about Tampa...I don't think they're going to lose another game in the regular season.

Jim