Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker (Mrs.) Carn-Dog's comments: is the middle ok

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

is the middle ok

Just a quick thought on this day before thanksgiving. Today I went to the movie “Enchanted.” I would lie and say that I was outnumbered by my sister-in-law and wife, but the truth is, that I’m a sucker for these kind of movies and in the end made the decision.

The middle, is that he best place? Moderation…really…in all things? I guess if I took one truth away from the movie it was this. The people from the enchanted land needed a good dose of reality. A good dose of anger, heartbreak and everything that is real about life. Conversely the people from reality needed a good dose of what seems to be enchanting. To be reminded that dreams do come true and that we are awoken from this slumber from what seems to be a divine kiss, and I can’t help but think that…that is just right.

Some days we wake up needing to be reminded that all isn’t ok and some days we need to be reminded that all is going to be o.k.

3 comments:

Faith E. Korpi said...

I'd prefer to think that life's hardships are unavoidable rather than necessary. That Giselle was somehow rendered complete after experiencing anger bothered me a bit.

You're right in your conclusion of course. But alas, I find myself more attracted to the fantasy world. :)

- Faith

Anonymous said...

Wow, I love this. It's a bit 'yen yang,' but let's be honest, that's what I like about it. I am a Seattle Presbyterian. :)

Anonymous said...

sorry... "yin yang."