Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker (Mrs.) Carn-Dog's comments: Dobby house elf tears up costume contest and many other magical memories

Saturday, July 21, 2007

Dobby house elf tears up costume contest and many other magical memories

Last night the Carney’s joined millions of American across the country to celebrate the release of the most creative piece of writing since Inklings laid their pens down.

It was a night full of fun and friends. We joined up with Robyn and Hannah Howard and Britt and Holly Duke and occasionally a not working, but really working Craig to fulfill all six House Cup challenges.

1. Honeydukes Jelly Bean guessing contest
2. create your own potions contest
3. quidditch toss
4. OWLS
5. Face Painting and
6. Pictures with Hagrid and Harry

There were several highlights to the evening including Hufflepuff’s House Cup victory, the house to which we all belonged, but far and away the most exciting moment was Roy Clemens' third place finish in the costume contest…awarded to him for his masquerading of Dobby the house elf. As a prize, Roy won a five dollar gift certificate to Hollywood Video, some Godiva Chocolate, and an official Minerva McGonagall Noble collection wand. A coveted item.


When asked what he would do with the winnings Roy told reporters, "give the chocolate to my mom, go see Ratatouille with the gift certificate, and finally work on discovering my potronus charm with the wand, which I predict will be a grizzly bear or maybe even Bear Grylls himself, cause I'm rugged ass just like my dad."

Roy was quite a hit as he posed for countless pictures for perfect strangers and might even make the photo album on the online Trib. if they create one.

Now for carving out time at the end of my summer semester to read about the conclusion of this saga.





2 comments:

Emily Hunter McGowin said...

Roy is by far one of the most adorable babies I've ever seen. He almost makes me want one. :)

Anonymous said...

That's my boy. I love him so much. One of my favorite pictures thus far.

-Noel