Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker (Mrs.) Carn-Dog's comments: And Heaven Came...

Thursday, July 12, 2007

And Heaven Came...

Dear Waco,

You are welcome that Brett Favre came to you to sign autographs. The only way this could have possibly been better is if Jesus Christ himself would have showed up to sign autographs or perform miracles...probably the latter as he might have found the former idolatrous.

Anyhow, for those of you who don't know, Brett Favre came to Waco this weekend to promote Young Champions, a facility that will provide and promote a place for kids to work out. The first 500 to sign their kids up for a memberships were granted a Favre photo which he was guaranteed to sign. Additional fans could stand in a lotto line for a chance to meet Brett and get his autograph. That is what we did.

I got a little nervous as we approached, but my heart was quickly put at ease as Brett and I had an existential moment where our hearts beat as a Wisconsin one. I shook his hand handed him a cheesehead to autograph and we got our picture taken.

I lived in Wisconsin for 18 years and have been a Favre fan for about 15 of those. Define irony my son is 3 1/2 months old and he meets him in Waco, TX.

sorry about the first picture. Turn your computer or head sideways to fully enjoy.


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude...that is so cool. I wish my children could meet Brett Favre.

Jim

amanda said...

roy looks thrilled.

theweave said...

thornton and i were talking about how we thought you would make an appearance to see brett, we decided you would

Anonymous said...

Shit, I'm jealous... If you could pray for me I leave on that missions trip tomorrow with about 40 jr. high kids. Something about taking that many Jr. High kids to the projects in Chicago that is sobering. Like, in a put your money where your mouth is Jesus freak sort of way. Also pray for my jealousy, and my language. ;)

-Later

Erik said...

Waco, TX!? Okay, so I live in Wisconsin for what, 20 years, and never once does Favre come near me enough to go visit him. You move to TX, and Favre comes to your hometown. Lucky. I hate you.

Anonymous said...

who's brett favre?

-hannah

Mrs. Carn-Dog said...

Hannah,

you are forgiven

Unknown said...

Toolshed you're already screwing that kid up. freaking cheese heads... You need to get back to MN and teach him some true purple pride.

Schutts

Bob L-C said...

Josh ...

Wondering what theological tint you gave the visit with Brett.

Providence?????
Grace?????

Or maybe you are turning Presbyterian and thinking "pre-destination"????

Ha, Ha, Ha!!!

Think of you often and hope to see you in Wacko sometime next winter.