Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker (Mrs.) Carn-Dog's comments: Dancing to Mourning

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Dancing to Mourning

Tonight I got a call from my sister (Noel) who in a teary and broken voice told me that my other sister’s (Kristin) best friend lost her youngest child. As her husband was backing out of his driveway, he ran over the couple’s youngest of five Gabriel. Gabriel (4 years old) is with Jesus now.

I don’t really know where to begin with this one. It’s not that my personal loss in this situation is great, I’ve only met the couple once, but as one who is now expecting and increasingly aware of just how precious children and life are, I’m heartbroken for this family.

The other night I was watching 7th Heaven, which though it celebrated it’s last episode ever last season is now again on the air for another new one???, and in the episode Reverend Camden told his daughter Lucy, who had just lost twins due to a miscarriage that, “you don’t get over some things in life, you just get though life and they never go away.”

Someday Gabriel will be raised from the dead. We will all ask with Paul “Where is your victory death, where is your sting?” Until then, we will mourn and remember.

Maybe the best answer I have is this. John 11:35 “Jesus wept.”

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Josh...
I've sat here for about 15 minutes wanting to write something, but nothing seemed adequate. I guess i just want you to know that my heart is aching with you and that I feel a necessity to intercede on their behalf. See you tomorrow bro.

Meg said...

So Sorry Carney, very sorry.