Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker (Mrs.) Carn-Dog's comments: Gearin' up for summer in Waco

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Gearin' up for summer in Waco

This will be Lindsay and my first summer here in Waco. People keep telling us we're in for a treat. I don't see how it can be any worse than this last August and September. When I first moved down here I used to comment that I didn't understand how civilization ever could have settled in some place as hot as this.

I'm lookin' forward to UBC life; from what I've heard it's quite different. Maybe a little more intimate. Hopefully my classes will not distract too much from having fun. I'm thinking about taking up disc golf. That seems like a cool postmodern thing to do. I was at Sports Authority today and noticed you can by three "shark brand" disks for about $25. I don't know if they are good ones. I suppose that's a weaver question.

My brother just bought a boat. So I look forward to getting down there and puttin my wakeboard skills to use. We'll see if ole' pudgy can get himself out of the water. Did I ever tell you that I was awesome when I was in highschool. I was one of those athletic kids. Kind of like Shea and Tone Tone now. I was the fast kid that everyone would have thrown the deep bomb to. Then Lee Ann Chins happened to me my junior year of college. 1st semester and 25 pounds later I wasn't the go to guy anymore. I was more like the go and watch guy or lets see what is on tv guy or I'm really in to pro sports guy cause all hope is gone of being a pro-athlete guy.

OK, I'm back from my break. I just went to the kitchen to get a beer, which I always poor into my special edition Leinenkugel pint glasses each etched with a great wisconsin fish. This particular glass represents honeyweiss and the fish is a Walleye. Oh how I miss Wisconsin.

Talk about great summers. You should go spend one in wisconsin. Life is perfect there. All you do is wakeboard, ski, fish, canoe, kayak, and bike. Then at night we go and build a camp fire by the lake, listen to the loons and look at the stars, which are not drowned out by the lights because Tomahawk only has 3,000 peeps, and drink great beer.

I got two finals tomorrow and one on Friday. Then I'm officially done with another semester. I've been thinking less and less about Ph.D. stuff. I sense that I'm gettin' real burned out on school. That and I'm not real sure how invested I want to end up in theology seeing how much most people really care. And by care I don't mean care as in oh I think this is cool, so I'll construct a system that I like, when in reality I'll just defend what I've been taught my whole life. No i'm talking about peeps doing theology because they are generally interested in learning about who God is regardless of what their preconceived notions might be, even their western white ones.

4 comments:

Money Minding Mama said...

Josh,
I agree with your description of a Wisconsin summer. Too bad you can't experience that down in your new home, because I heard it's as hot as hell. But I guess that's what you, Jim, and your families are into now, places with poisonous snakes and hotter than hell summers.

Trevor and I found out that we might qualify for one of those houses for poor people programs. I don't know how I feel about living in the ghetto though, new house and all. We're going to go look at one tonight. Pray we don't get shot up too bad. Love you lots and miss you tons!

Singleton said...

well carn-dog, we love you guys too. maybe even more because it is so hot down here and we have so many poisonous snakes. it really keeps us fresh on our lovin' for you guys, keeps us on our toes and indoors in the AC with it!

Oh yah we have beer and stars down here too. That's good. And then Weaver's disks are here, just layin' around for anybody to take, that kicks ass too. So, not so bad down here, right? Free disks laying around in the 'Sconsin? I don't see any! But maybe I'm being blinded by the hot sun's rays from theWeave's and Harry's beautiful bright heads of hair! Sucka!

amanda said...

Carn-dog I hope your finals go well tomorrow. I finally invested into a blogger for myself and not just to have one for my Germany trip this summer.

soundofmethinkingtooloud said...

Carndogmatics,
We should play some disc golf this summer. I've been playing for a couple years now. Give me a shout kid.
--Adam