Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker (Mrs.) Carn-Dog's comments: your winners

Sunday, May 07, 2006

your winners

Having been in school for the last 19 years of my life now, the real year end for me is May. This is usually the month that brings the most change. So this is my version of new years eve top moments of 2005-6.

Best full time new friends…the Dugans.

Best got to know a person on a deeper level at UBC fall semester…Shea Butter

Best got to know a person on a deeper level at UBC spring semester…Paola Pixie

Best movies (keep in mind my calendar is from may to may and I go to the dollar theatre so sometimes movies as late as three to four months later fall in or out of my year, hence no V for Vendetta).

10. Star Wars (III) had to make the list because it is Star Wars
9. Batman Begins
8. North Country
7. King Kong
6. Just Like Heaven
5. Chronicles of Narnia
4. Harry Potter 4
3. Pride and Prejudice
2. Crash
1. Walk the Line

Best actor
Mark Ruffalo

Best Actress
Reese Witherspoon

Best new tv show that I started watching
Grey’s Anatomy

Funniest Letterman appearance
Bill O’Reilly

Best Purchase (actually a Christmas present)
Tivo

Best Birthday present
Harry potter 1-5.

Top 5 books.
5. Kafka, Metamorphosis and other short stories
4. Lewis, Hideous Strength
3. Gladwell, Tipping Point
2. Brueggemann, Spirituality of the Psalms
1. Rowling, Potter 1-6

Best place to hang out in Waco
Crickets

Best place to have fun at
Cameron Park

Best class I took
New Kind of Christian
Dr.s Bechtold-you-so and Single-town

Band of the year
U2 (congratulations to U2 who has won this award for the last 20 years)

Name brand of the year
Patagonia

Best new beer
Warsteiner Dunkel

Best newly acquired hobby
Blogging

Best new station
National Geographic Channel

Best new post-modern product
The authentic community candle

Best Post-Emergent theologian
Craig Nash

Best Christian Metal Rock Band
DC Band

6 comments:

Craig said...

Thanks, it makes me proud to be the greatest post-emergent theologian, especially since I didn't even know I was one.

But next year I'm shooting for "Best got to know on a deeper level at UBC summer."

harris said...

carney, you know i don't know anything. thus, my name should be "dr. thought-he-bechtold-you-something-but-actually-didn't." we did have a good class though.

Money Minding Mama said...

You forgot "Best sister", "Best Wookie", and "Best Brother-in-law". But that's okay, we already know where we rank.

greenISgood said...

I hate to say it, but I always knew we'd be FFL when I realized my cursing offending you less than my calvinism.......(uh, what's a "calvin" again?)

We love you too and I'm gonna give you a great big kiss when I see you next....don't care who's watchin'....

Paola said...

Paola Pixie loved to get to know you this spring semester too!!!

Carn-dawg! You are amazing!

Candace Shaw said...

yay for discovering grey's anatomy. have you been to the cameron park zoo? i think it's way fun for a small town zoo.