Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker (Mrs.) Carn-Dog's comments: For those of you who wonder why I love WI so much

Friday, April 20, 2007

For those of you who wonder why I love WI so much

State Senate OKs free beer samples at the store

The Associated Press

MADISON — Beer lovers of Wisconsin, rejoice! Thanks to the state Senate, you’re a step closer to getting a free (yes, free!) half-can of beer.

The Senate today approved a bill on an unanimous voice vote that allows grocery and liquor stores to hand out samples of up to 6 ounces of free beer per day to people of legal drinking age. The Assembly was expected to take up the measure later today.

Current state law allows wineries, but not grocery and liquor stores, to offer up to 6 ounces of free samples.

Sen. Pat Kreitlow, D-Chippewa Falls, home of the Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Co., is the bill’s main sponsor. He said the measure is designed to help beer manufacturers compete with wine makers.


p.s. thanks Kenny

7 comments:

Erik said...

Lee Greenwood screwed up when he wrote "God Bless the USA." What he really meant to write was "God Bless Wisconsin," and one needs no further proof for this than the revelation that one can now get free beer while grocery shopping. "Honey, would you go get groceries today, I'm tired." I say, "Will I?! Will I?! Hell yes I will!!"

Erik said...

Oh, and by the way Carney, I did get your message the other day, but my life is crazy right now with trying to get my thesis in shape before the kid arrives, and incidentally we are finally at the hospital. Check my blog for when he's born. I'll probably put some pics up. Maybe. (Sarcasm)

Mrs. Carn-Dog said...

are you in labor right now?

Shea Butta said...

hey josh josh, have you ever read richard bauckham? i think you might like him. the guy you introduced me to at truett who was going to st. andrews is a fan as well. cincy baby!

Anonymous said...

Nice!! Just saw Jace, Schutts, and Shannon...we miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

Good ole Jacob came up with an interesting new brew I was thinking about sending you. It's their summer shandy. It’s a traditional summer lager with a hint of honey infused with Lemonade. I can't decide if I like it or not but I didn't have a problem finishing the 6 pack I bought. I think it might be the perfect solution to mowing the lawn. But since the last of the snow is still melting from last Wednesdays storm I may need to wait a little while for that experiment. (Free beer samples what a great idea.)

-Tom

Erik said...

Hey Josh, pics are up at my blog of my son. Thought you might want to check it out.