Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker (Mrs.) Carn-Dog's comments: HarryBU

Friday, August 04, 2006

HarryBU


Harris has left. Someone said to me that his leaving definitely feels like the end of a chapter. Somehow they are right. I don’t know what it is about Harry leaving, but it has introduced a strange sense of finality into our lives. We’ll see him again, but still, life will be different around here.

Someone how I was smart enough to anticipate his departure and have treasured the final moments I’ve had with him this summer. I soaked up the few bike rides we did for Friday mountain biking. I remember the few times we were able to play Frisbee together, and I remember all the memories I’ve gained from being with him the last two years.

Harris and Blair B. were the first two people I really talked to from UBC. There have been some other big hitters that have left since I gotten to UBC: Val T., the Evans, etc., but Harry I have known the best.

This reminds me of my post about my Tolkein friends. Hopefully Harry and I will stay in touch, but if I’m honest I’ve only done that real well with about 4 friends my whole life. Anyhow, as my life precedes it will do so marked by Harry. And somewhere in my own narrative I will write in a special character. Maybe Harry’s character will be someone with a relatively small role, but yet largely significant. For you Tolkein readers, Tom Bombadil comes to mind. I think I’d introduce him and then slowly weave him out of the story, till you almost forgot about him. Then, at a moment when the main character me is down and out and probably unable to make it any longer, I’d bring Harry back into the story and have him perform a super critical function.

Harris will be missed.


In the picture we are at Kyle's parent's ranch. Pictured are Ben UBCwaco Dudley, Matt Single Tons of Fun, Me, Harris Bechtold you so, Kyle, and Avery. Harry looks a bit strange, but its one of the few pictures I have with both of us in it.

3 comments:

harris said...

thanks carndawg. next time we see each other we will have to take some pictures. talk to you soon

Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! »

Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... »