Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker (Mrs.) Carn-Dog's comments: Emergence 2007

Friday, October 19, 2007

Emergence 2007

This has been a whirlwind of a week including and primarily because of this weekend. Tuesday afternoon I got a call from Tony Jones asking me to consider filling in for Dan Kimball who’s father was in a freak accident and is nearing death. Dan was supposed to be one four panelist for the Emergence 2007 conference in Austin loosely based on his contribution to the book Listening to the Voices of the Emergent Church.

I took the invitation a bit intimidated by the rest of the panel who all have far more ministry experience and theological depth. Tonight was our first session which pinnacled in a discussion about atonement and the scripture. I’m definitely the little fish in the pond, but this experience has been rewarding and I have learned a lot. It has forced to me to be more thoughtful about certain theological issues and also helped me solidify my thinking in other areas.

I will report more…hopefully tomorrow evening.

Goodnight friends.

Please for Dan Kimball and his family.

8 comments:

clayton said...

Josh:
I was at the Emerging event tonight, and enjoyed your contributions!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome, Josh - excited you get that opportunity and I'm anxious to hear about it. -Blair

Anonymous said...

Don't overthink it Josh, you have what you need.

Anonymous said...

Wow, can't wait to hear!

Emily Hunter McGowin said...

You are a very good addition to the conversation. I wish I could be there.

Anonymous said...

Josh,
Excited to hear about the opportunity (and looking forward to hearing more about it)!
- Kevin

Erik said...

In the footsteps of Ron Burgandy, you can now proclaim, "I'm a pretty big deal."

Seriously, what an honor. I suppose that was why you called on Thursday, when I couldn't chat, yes? I'll try and call in the next couple of days to hear more about it.

Anonymous said...

Josh, it was great to chat this weekend. I would love to hear a little more about the weekend sometime. I'm excited for you.

-Tom